Dear CORE Theatrics community,
Before a first step, note or word, every dancer, musician and actor takes a breath. This breath not only releases everything in the body, but it also allows new air to enter, so that the performer can express their vision. After nearly 20 years of teaching, and eight years at CORE, I am confident in the education, challenge, breakthroughs, unconditional support, and artistry we as a community have taken part in. Our belief that CORE is a unique place for young adults to be challenged and to flourish is stronger than ever.
It is from this place of strength that I’m recognizing and embracing that now is the time for CORE to take a breath; to refine what it is we do so very well, and merge those things into a new expression of our vision.
Part of this “breath” will be to form a non-profit, whose board members will bring a balance of strengths, wisdom and experience—so that together, we can fully realize the vision I first dreamed many years ago. CORE is committed to having a full complement of classes, coaching, dance, productions and partnerships, and I’m excited to continue to lead our CORE community.
As of January 1, 2015, CORE Theatrics will be closing our physical studio space. I want you to know, however, that I’m not going anywhere! I will continue to foster individual actors in their journeys through the following activities: Private Coaching, Connections Drama, and Small Group Acting Intensives. You can find details at www.mmmartistcoaching.com. I look forward to continuing to work with each and every one of you.
Change is a constant in life, and if we don’t allow for change we will miss our opportunity to grow and take new directions in our journey. Consciously leading CORE to take a breath is both exhilarating and a leap of faith. Thank you all for being part of the CORE community and for your support now and in the future.
Marianni M. Groves
Founder and Artistic Director
CORE Theatrics- the Art of Being Human
CORE Theatrics: The Art of Being Human offers young adults intensive training in the performing arts to prepare them for the world’s stage. Through classes, individual coaching, workshops and live performances, each individual is given the support and challenge they need to access their innate core strengths, and to become confident players in their own lives and families, as well as their society.
- “CORE was the best decision I've ever made. The lessons I've learned through this program are invaluable. CORE is where you can truly be yourself. “– Maryam A.
- “CORE Theatrics takes the real lives of real young people and melds them with dramatic lives on stage with phenomenal impact, for both audience and actor.”- Ellen B.
- Because the director uses the play to teach about life issues, and relates to all the participants, star or bit player, equally. For our child, who has been involved in a number of theaters, it turned out to be the best experience she has had".- Ronald J.
- “Marianni is the ideal coach for young actors. I have seen her stage and direct remarkable shows ranging from "Les Miserables" through ... "Streetcar Named Desire" and "Twelfth Night." The shows come alive under her direction and she draws compelling and mature performances from very young actors. I cannot recommend Marianni's work highly enough. Her direction and coaching have helped Seattle area students enroll in the finest drama programs in the country. Harvey
- “Amazing drama company! So much heart and soul behind their productions.”- Jordan B